The various cuisines of Vietnam
Shaped like a giant ‘S’, Vietnam curls from the lush hills of the north and the capital Hanoi, down the central coast and historic Hoi An, to the southern curve surrounding Ho Chi Minh city.
The cuisine of Northern Vietnam
Signature dishes of Northern Vietnam include:
• bun cha (rice noodle with grilled marinated pork),
• pho ga (chicken rice noodle soup)
• chả cá Lã Vọng (rice noodle with grilled fish patty).
• bun rieu cua (pork, crab and noodle soup)
• banh cuon (handmade rice noodles filled with pork and wood ear mushrooms)
• nem cua be (fried crab spring rolls)
• squid patties
The cuisine of Vietnam’s Central region
Signature dishes of Central Vietnam include:
• Bun bo Hue (spicy beef soup with rice noodles)
• Cao lau (udon-style noodles with pork and herbs)
• Com hen (tiny steamed clams with rice)
• Steamed pork with rice paper
• Banh Hue (savoury steamed cakes)
• Hoi An style chicken rice
The cuisine of Southern Vietnam
Signature dishes of Southern Vietnam include:
Banh xeo (crispy pancake with pork and prawns)
Goi cuon (rice paper rolls)
Pho bo (beef noodle soup)
Bahn mi (Vietnamese baguette)
Bo la lot (beef wrapped in betel leaves)
Hu tieu muc (squid noodle soup)
Com tam (broken rice)
Caramelised fish in claypot
It’s no secret that Bangkok is one of the biggest foodie destinations in the world. But with so many ...
Quench your thirst with the best summer beverages, from classic cocktails to fresh fruit juices and ...
Vietnam is known for its incredible coffee and is a strong exporter of it.
Eating healthy in Vietnam is no hard feat, as Viet cuisine includes some of the healthiest dishes in ...
Mauritius has a unique identity. Visited by the Portuguese in the early 1500s, and subsequently colo ...