The various cuisines of Vietnam
Shaped like a giant ‘S’, Vietnam curls from the lush hills of the north and the capital Hanoi, down the central coast and historic Hoi An, to the southern curve surrounding Ho Chi Minh city.
The cuisine of Northern Vietnam
Signature dishes of Northern Vietnam include:
• bun cha (rice noodle with grilled marinated pork),
• pho ga (chicken rice noodle soup)
• chả cá Lã Vọng (rice noodle with grilled fish patty).
• bun rieu cua (pork, crab and noodle soup)
• banh cuon (handmade rice noodles filled with pork and wood ear mushrooms)
• nem cua be (fried crab spring rolls)
• squid patties
The cuisine of Vietnam’s Central region
Signature dishes of Central Vietnam include:
• Bun bo Hue (spicy beef soup with rice noodles)
• Cao lau (udon-style noodles with pork and herbs)
• Com hen (tiny steamed clams with rice)
• Steamed pork with rice paper
• Banh Hue (savoury steamed cakes)
• Hoi An style chicken rice
The cuisine of Southern Vietnam
Signature dishes of Southern Vietnam include:
Banh xeo (crispy pancake with pork and prawns)
Goi cuon (rice paper rolls)
Pho bo (beef noodle soup)
Bahn mi (Vietnamese baguette)
Bo la lot (beef wrapped in betel leaves)
Hu tieu muc (squid noodle soup)
Com tam (broken rice)
Caramelised fish in claypot
Banh Mi - a product of Vietnam’s colonial past, the beloved concoction combines a crunchy French bag ...
America can lay claim to being the modern-day master of the sandwich; no other country offers the sh ...
Vietnamese cuisine is world-famous, but few visitors to the Southeast Asian country think about what ...
The great and delicious meal is favorite among everybody; nobody on earth could deny the fact that s ...
From the smoothest pistachio to tongue-tingling strawberry sherbet, this is where to find the most d ...