The various cuisines of Vietnam
Shaped like a giant ‘S’, Vietnam curls from the lush hills of the north and the capital Hanoi, down the central coast and historic Hoi An, to the southern curve surrounding Ho Chi Minh city.
The cuisine of Northern Vietnam
Signature dishes of Northern Vietnam include:
• bun cha (rice noodle with grilled marinated pork),
• pho ga (chicken rice noodle soup)
• chả cá Lã Vọng (rice noodle with grilled fish patty).
• bun rieu cua (pork, crab and noodle soup)
• banh cuon (handmade rice noodles filled with pork and wood ear mushrooms)
• nem cua be (fried crab spring rolls)
• squid patties
The cuisine of Vietnam’s Central region
Signature dishes of Central Vietnam include:
• Bun bo Hue (spicy beef soup with rice noodles)
• Cao lau (udon-style noodles with pork and herbs)
• Com hen (tiny steamed clams with rice)
• Steamed pork with rice paper
• Banh Hue (savoury steamed cakes)
• Hoi An style chicken rice
The cuisine of Southern Vietnam
Signature dishes of Southern Vietnam include:
Banh xeo (crispy pancake with pork and prawns)
Goi cuon (rice paper rolls)
Pho bo (beef noodle soup)
Bahn mi (Vietnamese baguette)
Bo la lot (beef wrapped in betel leaves)
Hu tieu muc (squid noodle soup)
Com tam (broken rice)
Caramelised fish in claypot
Da Lat does not offer the same buzzing drinking and nightlife opportunities as a metropolis like Sai ...
Korea is a country where one can spot some of the most unusual places to enjoy their cup of coffee. ...
When it comes to eating in Japan, the options are truly endless; from sushi to soba, we definitely w ...
While more and more food lovers around the world can wax poetic about their favorite tandoori chicke ...
From the delicious rice-based cuisine to delicious curries, Laos won’t only offer you its scenic bea ...